The result of one man’s ambition
The Company was born in 1984 when Edmond (Eddie) Moutran founded Memac (Middle East Marketing and Advertising Company) in Bahrain, with only 1 office, 1 client, 4 people, and a capital of $13,000.
Today, the company has 15 offices covering 17 markets in the GCC, Levant and North Africa region serving over 150 international, regional and local brands, and managed by over 500 local and international talents.
But this wasn’t achieved overnight; there was a lot of hard work and dedication behind each millstone we achieved over the years.
- An international dimension was added to Memac’s offering through the Ogilvy and Mather affiliation.
- The company Name changed to Memac Ogilvy, with a minority equity ownership by Ogilvy.
- Memac Ogilvy opened the first Ogilvy One office in Dubai, focusing on Direct Marketing, CRM, and Interactive. A first for the Arab world.
- In a 50/50 partnership with JWT MENA, the first media investment agency was created and named Mindshare (with 11 offices). Since then, Mindshare MENA has more than quadrupled its business.
- The group cooperated with JWT MENA and the Indian Market Research Bureau (IMRB) to establish the Arab Market Research Bureau (AMRB). Today, AMRB is considered to be one of the Middle East’s leading research specialists, with 5 offices across the region.
- Memac Ogilvy took the natural step of developing a public relations offering. Headquartered in Dubai, Memac Ogilvy Public Relations now has 11 offices across the MENA region.
- Memac Ogilvy launched CB’a Memac. A specialized design agency providing corporate identity, packaging and retail branding. This was a joint venture with the second largest design agency in France, CB’a.
- OgilvyAction was born, specializing in brand activation, sales promotion, shopper marketing, retail merchandising and experiential marketing.